Help provide access to books in communities where they are needed the most by funding and hosting your own Little Free Library!
Lumen Incorporated is working with Southwest Human Development to bring Little Free Libraries to elementary schools and their surrounding neighborhoods in the Moon Valley and Paradise Valley School Districts.
Through directed donations by Lumen supporters, we will pay the $500 cost for each Little Free Library. Lumen will commit to putting one such library in each of two school districts and work to expand the program.
Little Free Libraries will be offered to the Elementary School through its Parent Support groups. Libraries will also be offered to community businesses and interested community members for placement at their homes.
Recipients of the Little Free Library will provide:
- Volunteers for Assembly
- Outdoor “paint and primer in one” in colors they choose
- Decorations that they choose (buttons, beads, logo, etc.)
- Preference for Library placement location
- Gently-used children’s book drive
- On-going maintenance (optional)
Lumen Incorporated/Southwest Human Development will provide:
- DIY kit for library and instructions
- Official charter number and recognition plaque
- Staff or volunteer onsite day of building to support and share your community impact
- Assistance with securing location and permissions in neighborhoods where there is little or no access to books
- Installation of library
- Assistance with book acquisition; ongoing maintenance of the library of the library (optional)