Generation Tech Support was an idea developed by Shadow Mountain High School GenYES students and their instructor, Debbie Kovesdy. For years, students worked to draft and complete a professional business plan, design an operational handbook, calculate profit and loss scenarios, evaluate several methods of operation and align with industry tech leaders.
The GenYes Entrepreneurship team won first place, with gold medals in State AND National SkillsUSA Championships in the summer of 2015. After a unanimous vote by vested students, the "GenTechs" elected to “go out on their own.”
A Cisco Foundation, Global Impact Grant supported their clear mission to empower technology students to provide the general public a service to understand emerging technologies.
Lumen has worked with Debbie and her students in building a successful business model that will expand to many school districts to replicate the prototype, once fully developed. Your support will support the students by supplying them with vouchers for certification exams from CompTIA as we continue to support their training programs and other expansion.
Your donations help us give vouchers to Kids so they can participate in the Generation Tech support programs:
- Coding camps for all ages on weekends and in the summer
- Robotics camps for all ages
- High School Hack-a-Thons where groups of individuals solve problems using technology and collaboration
- Technology certification exam vouchers for Generation Tech Support’s student staff members allowing them to provide mentorship to community members interested in technology
- Voucher/Scholarships for Paradise Valley and Moon Valley technology students for certification exams